Wine Merchants, 2013
- Private House Bow Cottage early 1800s
This house, on the lane leading westwards from the Hampstead Road to the Chalk Farm Tavern, predated the shopping terraces of Regent’s Park Road.
- Printer Alfred Burrell 1870s
- Boys Home Infirmary and Gardens 1865-1920
At some point after the Boys’ Home came to Primrose in 1965 (see no. 119), Bow Cottage was incorporated into the Home and became its infirmary.
In front of the cottage was a semi-circular front garden with a fountain, and this was the main yard of the Home.
- Garage/Petrol Station 1930s
The Freehold land was registered in 1923, and the present building erected in the late 1920s or early 1930s. Petrol was rationed in World War II, and very few people had a car.
- Motor Engineers Chesterfield Motors (also at 115)
In the 1960s there appear also to have been other businesses:
- Ostrich and Fancy Feather Manufacturer
- E.Wallace and Co Ltd 1960
- & Domestic Electrical Appliances
- Ronning & Co. Ltd 1960
Bow Cottage was badly damaged by a fire in 1972, and demolished soon after.
- Garage Chalk Farm Service Station and Five Minute Car Wash Service Ltd 1972
- Theatrical Costumiers Cosiprop Ltd 1980
- Builders’ Merchants North London B.M. 1982
- Wine Merchants Bibendum 1982 – present