2013 Charity shop
For nearly eighty years the shop alternated between related trades:
- CONFECTIONER 1870-95
- BAKER 1900-05
- CONFECTIONER 1910-45
- PUBLIC LIBRARY Borough of St Pancras 1947-61
In 1947 the bakery premises were converted to accommodate Chalk Farm Public Library. There were two rooms of books. Two tickets were issued, only one of which could be used for fiction. The Library remained there until 1961, when it moved to its present purpose-built quarters in Sharpleshall Street. A shopping terrace was demolished to clear the site for it. A local campaign saved it from closure in 1998.
- FURNITURE MANUFACTURER Custom Designed Furniture 1965
- ANTIQUES Ron Weldon 1970-80
- TEXTILE RETAILER Ian Mankin Natural Fabrics 1983 – ?
- 2013 SAVE THE CHILDREN Mary’s Living and Giving Shop