2013 Estate Agent
- BOOKSELLER Alfred Holmes 1872
This was the first bookseller in Primrose Hill.
- BOOKSELLER Frederick Ehn 1875
- HAIRDRESSER Emile Delasalle 1880-85
This was the first hairdresser in Regent’s Park Road.
- STATIONER Harvey Simpson 1890
- ” Hugh Neale 1895-1900
- ” Ernest Wood 1890-1905
- LIBRARY Woods Library and Stationers 1910-45
Commercial libraries, where readers paid a subscription for a borrowing ticket, made books available to those who could not afford to buy them.This one was replaced by the public library which opened next door at 109 in 1947.
Wood’s Library published postcards, and an elderly local resident remembers buying lead soldiers from the stationer. ‘Fancy goods’ must have included toys.
- STATIONERS Stacey Ltd. 1950-55
- PRINTER William Winser 1957
- INSURANCE BROKER Robert Austin 1960-75
- DELICATESSEN Charcuterie 1975-80
The delicatessen was on the raised ground floor, and various firms occupied the basement:
- AIR CONDITIONING Belair 1980-90
- ESTATE AGENT Chalcots 1983
- IMPORT/EXPORT 1990s
In the mid-1990s this was all glazed in.
- FILM COMPANY Huge Films 2000
- ESTATE AGENT Regent’s Park Property Services 1992-?, Sandfords 2013