2013 (since 1972 ) Kitchen Utensils Shop
- GREENGROCER Montague Murray 1870
- FRUITERER Richard Porter 1880-85
- CONFECTIONER 1890-95
- Misses Amelia & Emma Parkins
- Robert Russell 1900-15
Confectioners sold loose sweets, sometimes individually wrapped, weighed out by the ounce from large glass jars. Some also sold small cakes and crystallised fruits.
- CONFECTIONER Charles Levy 1920-40
This confectioner is remembered for his ‘high class chocolates’, rationed during the war.
- CONFECTIONER H. Philips 1945-65
Wartime shortages led to sweets being rationed in July 1942. When they were de-rationed in April 1949 the shops quickly ran out of stock and sweets were hastily re-rationed. It was not until February 1953 that sweet rationing was finally abolished.
Confectioners increasingly functioned as tobacconists and newsagents also.
- HOUSE FURNISHERS Town House 1970
- KITCHEN UTENSILS Richard Dare 1972-present