2013 Women’s clothes shop
This building, cottagey-looking in comparison with its neighbours, was built as a pub before the main retail development began.
- PUB The Primrose Tavern c.1846-1853
This little tavern was short-lived. Apparently its clients were ‘the roughest sort of people’, but it was popular. Surprisingly it closed down in 1853, just when it might have attracted the trade of the Chalk Farm Tavern, its closest rival, which was completely demolished in that same year.
- COW-KEEPER George Camp 1857-60
75 started up as a cowkeeper in 1857 when 59 closed.
- COW-KEEPER Mrs Mary Camp 1863-65
- ” Henry Clutten 1868-70
- DAIRY [various] 1875-1905
The cows went, and in 1881 this became
- The West London Dairy Company Ltd.
- SCHOOL St Mary’s School 1885
In 1885, when the dairy probably fronted the street, 75 also housed a school, which must have been in one of the buildings behind. Presumably it was connected to the church in Primrose Hill Road, which was consecrated in 1885.
- GREENGROCER Angelo Romano 1910
- FRUITERER Guiseppe Anastasio 1915
- FURNITURE DEALERS 1920
Frederick & Miss Alice Muschamp
- WINDOW BLIND MAKER Frederick Muschamp 1925
- CONFECTIONER [various] with (? behind) 1940-65
- CARPENTER [various] 1935-50
- ANTIQUES Primrose Hill Antiques 1972
- WOMEN’S CLOTHES September Ladies’ Fashions 1980
- SALES PROMOTION CONSULTANCY Abacus 1990-85
- WOMEN’S CLOTHES Pamela Shiffer 1996-present
The area at the back is now a patio, and the first floor is part of a house which is reached through the passage at the side.