2013 Patisserie (under renovation?)
- FRUITERER Henry Perry 1855 This was probably the first fruiterer in the area.
- FRUITERER George Chandler 1859
- CRICKET BAT & STUMP MANUFACTURERS Charles Clapshaw & Co. 1860-70
This seems an unlikely craft for the area, though Lord’s is not far away. There has always been a sprinkling of small workshops around here, notably in the 1960s when the area was comparatively run-down because of the dirt from the railways.
- TOBACCONIST Richard Holloway 1870
- ” George Franks 1875-85
- MILLINER Mrs Charlotte Jordan 1895
- TOBACCONIST Mrs Elizabeth Trull 1900-10
- NEWSAGENT Robert Barr 1915-30
- TOBACCONIST James Langley 1935-55
- NEWSAGENTS F,W & E.M. Gattward 1960
- “ Mrs A.Spark 1965
Apart from a brief spell as milliner, this shop alternated between newsagent and tobacconist for 40 years. Both forms of shop have tended to attract people new to retailing. Newsagents have complicated accounting, with detailed work required for newspaper deliveries and return of unsold copies.
- ANTIQUES Swan 1972-80
- FRAMER Evans’ Frames 1982
- CAFÉ Cookies Café & Coffee Shop 1983-85
- ” Parks 1986
- ” Zed’s (run by South Africans) 1999
- (INDIAN) RESTAURANT Café Indiya 2001-2005
- “ Nazwaan 2005-?
- PATISSERIE / UNDER RENOVATION? Lanka 2013