2013 Betting Shop (since 1986)
- SURGEON Morgan O’Connor 1857-59
- CHEMIST George Barker 1860-63
This was the first chemist in the road. Barker was probably what is today called a ‘pharmacist’. The 1861 census reads ‘Lic. Apoth. Hall’.
- CHEMIST William Hall 1864-65
It was the chemist at 146, opened in 1869, which was to become long-established, lasting until the late 1980s.
- LINENDRAPER [at least 4 names] 1869-1915
Drapers sold fabrics by the yard, for clothing and for furnishings. Sometimes they also stocked a small selection of such ready-made goods as gloves, stockings, millinery and sometimes shoes.
Occupant Edward Newbold is shown by the 1871 census as having had four resident assistants.
- LINENDRAPER John Green 1920-45
A local resident remembers her mother buying her a pair of white gloves there, for one shilling and sixpence; without them she was not allowed to go swimming with her class at Haverstock Central School.
- FLORIST Freda’s Flowers 1950-55
- FRUITERER John Clifford 1955-59
- MOTOR CAR DEALERS H.M. Autos 1960-65
Parking and servicing were easy in the 1960s, when there were at least six car-related premises in Regent’s Park Road – about as many as there had been a hundred years earlier connected with horse transport.
- CAR DEALERS Regent Automobile Sales 1970
- ” Regent’s Park Mini Centre 1972
- ” Falcon Motor Co. 1980-85
- BETTING SHOP Stanley Racing 1986-at least 2006
- BETTING SHOP William Hill 2013
There had been a betting shop in Princess Road in the 1970s.