2013 Sheepskin and Leather Shop
- COFFEE ROOMS William Boulter 1856
These were the first coffee rooms in Regent’s Park Road. Those at 103 lasted nearly a hundred years.
- COFFEE ROOMS John Beale 1858
In the 18th century coffee houses were respectable places for men to socialise, read newspapers and do business.By mid-Victorian times, coffee was no longer a luxury product, and was even sold from street stalls.
- COFFEE ROOMS Thomas Thomas 1861-72
The CENSUS of 1861 records: –
- Thomas R. Thomas, head, married, 60,coffee house keeper;
- Ann Thomas, wife, married, 61,
- Mary Bird, lodger, widowed, 40, laundress.
Apparently the Thomases had no resident staff, but they may have had daily – or nightly – help. Hours were very long.They would have served beer as well as coffee, and perhaps cheap ‘meat-and-two-veg.’ lunches.
- CORNDEALER George Leggett 1895-1900
- William Leggett 1875-90
From 1863-1880 a William Leggett is listed as a cab proprietor in St George’s Mews.
- HAIRDRESSER Franz Stengelhofen 1905-15
- MERCHANTS B.& A. Trading Co. & The Amalgamated Soaps Co. 1920
- HOSPITAL FOR ANIMALS 1925-30 Edward Gatfield, MRCVS
- BOOT REPAIRERS [at least 6 different men] 1935-65
- DRESS DESIGNERS James Mancur Ltd
- GRAMOPHONE RECORD DEALERS James Mancur Ltd 1972 Mancur would have dealt in 33 rpm ‘long-playing’ records.
- FURRIER Susan Gale 1972-83
- SHEEPSKIN & LEATHER SHOP Gale 1984-present