2013 French Restaurant
- BAKER Frederick Fuchs 1868
- ” Philip Fuchs 1871-1901
- ” Philip Beischer 1905-45
A local resident remembers looking down into the basement window in Fitzroy Road and watching the baker working.
There were two ovens, one under Chalcot Road, and one under Fitzroy Road. Mr Beischer baked bread seven nights a week. In the mornings he made cakes, and in the afternoons he tried to sleep…..
You could buy stale rolls and cakes very cheaply.
- BAKER Leonard Bateman 1950
- “ Clement Bateman 1955
- ” Arthur Worth 1957-70
From 1960-70 A.Worth also ran the baker at 164 Regent’s Park Road.
- FURNITURE DESIGNERS Adeptus Designs 1972
Adeptus sold chunky foam furniture.
- RESTAURANT Fenari (Greek) 1986
This was run by the freeholders, and was very popular with locals.
- CAFÉ Café Rouge 1998
- The Gourmet Coffee Shop “
- RESTAURANT Basilica 2000
- “ The Black Truffle 2000-02
- “ Okra 2002-03
- “ Chalcot’s 2004-05
- ” Le Petit Train 2005-at least 2006
- ” L’Absinthe 2013