2013 Interior Design Shop
- GROCER Elizabeth Neville & Son(s) 1855-75
- ” John Evans 1880
- ” Thomas Hind 1885
- ” Thomas Butler 1890-1900
- ” Mrs Mary Butler 1905-35
A widow often carried on a business after her husband died, and it looks as if this may have been the case with the couples Butler and Rogers.
- GROCER Frank Rogers 1940-45
- ” Mrs Elizabeth Rogers 1950-60
People remember Mrs Rogers in the 1960s, only just managing on her own, with the shop very poorly stocked.This grocer had lasted 100 years. The Kyriacous found a pair of extremely old scales when they moved in upstairs in the 1960s and let the shop below to Mrs Donovan.
- WOOL SHOP Mrs Donovan 1960
- HABERDASHERY Kay’s 1963-81
The proprietor’s correct name was Mrs Kyriacou.
The shop sold a full range of haberdashery.
- CHILDREN’S CLOTHES & TOYS Tiger Moth 1981-83 Tiger Moth also had a branch in Portobello Road. They sold items like bright stripey baby clothes, unusual tin toys etc.
- FANCY KNITWEAR Granny Hedgehog 1983 –86
- KNITWEAR Mrs Courtney Harris 1986-c.99 The shop specialised in hand-knitted Arran sweaters.
- ANTIQUES Putnam’s 1990-92 Putnam’s sold small items, especially blue/white crockery.
- INTERIOR DESIGN Blanchard Interiors
- 1992-97 DRESS SHOP Miranda Pothecary
- 1997-98 INTERIOR DESIGN Blanchard Interiors 1998-present