Aristotle Holdings, 2013 (since 2004)
- GREENGROCER Robert Empson 1871
- “ Henry Faulkner 1875
- “ George Brown 1881
- “ James Stone 1889
- “ Frederick Woolhead 1895
- DAIRYMAN James Griffiths 1901
- “ Griffiths Bros. 1922-60
Griffith’s had a bottling plant for milk, and the old thick glass bottles could be watched as they rolled along in metal channels.
- DAIRY Express Dairy Co. Ltd. 1965
- HOUSING ASSOCIATION Circle 33 1970s
In about 1970 there was a scheme to demolish the whole north side of Chalcot Road between Fitzroy and Princess Roads. The buildings were owned by the Greater London Council, which planned to replace them with several blocks of 4-6 storey flats.
The 1960s had witnessed a great deal of demolition, and in the early ‘70s there was a new spirit of conservation.The Primrose Hill Conservation Area Advisory Committee was established in 1972. Eventually the shopping terrace was saved, as were the facades of the houses between Manley and Calvert Streets.
Circle 33 managed the redevelopment of the new flats, maisonettes and houses built behind the Victorian façade.
- CAMDEN NEIGHBOURHOOD SOCIAL SERVICES 1980
- PRIMROSE HILL NEIGHBOURS’ HELP 1979-89
This is a befriending service for housebound elderly people. It now operates from Chalk Farm Library where it also offers a small information centre.
- HOUSING ASSOCIATION Infill Housing Association
- PROPERTY DEVELOPMENT COMPANY 2004-present Aristotle Holdings