Jeremy Bass, Estate Agents 2013, since 2000
- REFRESHMENT ROOMS Thomas Pain 1871-75
- PORK BUTCHER Henry Walsingham 1881-1901
Specialised pork butchers had existed since medieval times, but became really popular in Britain when German refugee butchers brought their skills here after the 1880s. (In the trade, the Germans are still regarded as the best pork butchers.)
- “ William Gaunt 1905
- ” Reading Bros. 1922-45
This butcher had its own small abattoir in the back yard. A resident who has lived in Chalcot Road since 1928 said his family never used to go there because it was too
dear.They had milk, bread and eggs delivered by the Co-op, and used to buy all their other food in Inverness Street market.
- BUTCHER L. Hutchings & Son 1950-70
- “ Hutchings 1972-1980
Mr Hutchings had trained at Harrod’s.
- DENTAL SURGEON & GALLERY B. Benson Chalcot Gallery 1986
- ESTATE AGENT Jeremy Bass 2000-present