Italian Restaurant, 2013 (since 2005)
- PIANOFORTE MAKER George Youatt 1870
By 1890 there was a Victor Youatt, pianoforte maker, perhaps George’s son, at 140.
- DRAPER Richard Cane 1875
- CHEESEMONGER George Hack 1880
- ” George Drage 1881
- SHIRT & COLLAR DRESSER Thomas Chapman 1885
- DENTIST Thomas Morgan 1890
The first electric drill was patented in 1875. Ether or chloroform were used as anaesthetics. A variety of materials were used for fillings, especially mercury.
Artificial teeth were available in gum, wax, porcelain or gold.
- BUTCHER W.Harrison 1895
- DAIRY Miss Hellen Donovan 1900-05
- TOBACCONIST John Boas 1915
- UMBRELLA MAKER Alfred Huxford 1920-25
- GRAMOPHONE DEALER Albert Wilson 1930
Gramophones, playing flat vinyl circular records, were available from 1915.
- ELECTRICAL ENGINEER Sun Radio Ltd 1935-55
In the early 1930s a wireless became a normal household item, and during World War II it was a vital source of news.
Early wirelesses, with complicated vacuum tubes, needed skilled after-sales servicing.
- ELECTRICAL ENGINEER Electric Comforts Ltd 1960-72
- ART GALLERY Atmosphere 1975-80
- FABRIC MANUFACTURERS Tarian Design Ltd 1982-85
- RESTAURANT The Big Night Out 1995
- ” Oregano (Italian) 1999-2000
- ” Tara Thai Dining 2003-04
- ” J (Italian) 2005-present