2013 Beauty Shop
Until 1920 nos.115-119 were all part of the RESIDENTIAL SCHOOL 1865-1920
The Boys’ Home Industrial School for the training and maintenance of destitute boys not convicted of crime.
- CONFECTIONER John Flaherty 1930
Flaherty is remembered as a ‘big Irishman’.
- TOBACCONIST John Flaherty 1935-55
Tobacco is said to have been introduced into Britain in 1586, and became so popular that there were over 7000 tobacconist shops in London by 1614. Like alcohol, the sale of tobacco has always been licensed, and heavily taxed.
- TOBACCONIST Miss Ruth Boulter 1960
- ” Mrs Judith Teague 1965
- ” Ron Gibson 1970-72
- CARDIAC PACEMAKER DISTRIBUTORS 1985
- Telectronics Ltd (also at 115)
- & Club Spencer Ltd 1990
- & Sigler LB Ltd 1990
- TRAVEL AGENT Andrew Blair 1995-2002
- FURNITURE Boom Interiors 2003-04
- SHOE SHOP Beatrix Ong 2004- at least 2006
- BEAUTY SHOP Lost In Beauty 2013